How to Log in to Your M&T Bank Account
Fed up with paper statements, dealing with automated phone services and waiting in queues? Online banking with M&T makes staying on top of your finances simple. Find out how to log in to your M&T bank account online and make life easier as you handle your finances anytime, anywhere.
Enrolling in Online Banking
If you want to access your accounts on the internet, you first need to enroll in M&T online services. The process is simple:
- Visit the M&T home page.
- Click the “Log in” button at the top of the page to open a drop-down menu of additional options.
- Click the “Enroll today” link.
- Select the type of bank accounts you want to access online (personal, business or both).
- Complete your account details on the enrollment form and follow the on-screen instructions to submit.
Logging In to Online Banking
After enrolling for online banking, it’s easy to log in to your account from the M&T home page:
- Click the “Log in” button at the top of the page to open a menu of additional options.
- Enter your user ID and passcode in the two edit boxes. You set up these security features during the enrollment process.
- Click the “Log in” button with the padlock symbol on it.
Once you’ve entered your security details, you’re presented with the “M&T welcome to online banking” page. You’re now free to start using the available services to check balances, transfer funds, manage account details and pay bills.
For security reasons, it’s very important to have a passcode that’s impossible for someone to guess. Unfortunately, complicated passcodes are often difficult to remember. If you ever forget your passcode, visit the M&T website, click the “Log in” button and then select “Forgot your passcode?” You need to verify some information, such as your username and Social Security number. You then have the option to reset the passcode.
Accessing Other Services
It’s possible to access all of M&T’s online services from the website’s home page. Click the “Log in” button to open a menu of additional options, including a drop-down menu of services. Click on the services drop-down menu arrow to open the list, click the required service and then click “Go.” Available services in the list include:
- Web InfoPLU$
- Online Banking
- M&T Web Trading
M&T Mobile Banking App
In addition to accessing your bank accounts on your home computer, it’s possible to handle your finances while you’re on the move by installing the free M&T online banking app on your smartphone or tablet. To get the app, visit the App Store or Google Play Store and search for M&T. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it from your app folder. It’s only possible to use the app if you’ve already enrolled with M&T’s online banking services, but as long as you’ve gone through the enrollment process the app lets you handle all of your online banking tasks, such as transferring money and paying bills.